Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Getting to 75

Since I was born at the end of the year, I’ve had plenty of time to get used to my new three-quarter of a century birthday. 

Five years ago in going through the 70 years threshold, I already considered that I had entered old age and since that time, I have warmed up to the thought that I soon would be old, which might be a fitting attribute given my new age. 

This is now time to take stock of what I have to carry on into advanced age and make the very best out of a unique and challenging opportunity. First, fear that has mobilized and poisoned my youth is quickly fading away and making room for an increased appreciation for appreciation, discovery, love and passion. 

All this blends wonderfully well with a reduced time span that amplifies the need for making the best of every single minute and stop squandering precious moments. 

Then, there’s the need for saving everything that still work in our bodies and maintain it in good condition and if the physical is mostly in maintenance mode, focus on the mental for continued improvement by debating more, reading more quality material and embracing modernity to keep up with the world and learn at the same time. 

In short, depending on how we set the scene, advancing in age is bringing us a precious and varied life that can only enrich us!

No comments: