Saturday, December 3, 2022

Rehearsing my Christiana ski turns for Sweden

After my season in Australia, I had been named on the French ski demo team to travel and perform all the way to northern Sweden. 

Members of that small team were Michel Fabre, Alain Morand and myself. I probably was picked because of my fluency in English, but that’s all I can remember. 

I don’t know who was briefing and coaching us before we left for Stockholm, but suffice to say that we traveled 280 miles from my home, to Isola 2000 a two-years old brand new ski resort near Nice and rehearsed our ski Christiana turns that, at that time, were the holy grail of the French ski technique. 

I will need to ask both Michel and Alain what was the program of the few days spent on the slopes overlooking the French Riviera as I would love to remember, so check that blog for a possible update. 

At any rate after a half a century time keeps on flying! 

Isola 2000 in the early 70s...


No comments: