Friday, December 16, 2022

The perfect ski boot

For me, a good ski boot is one that I can totally forget from the time I slip my foot into it till it’s the end of my ski day. No pain whatsoever at anytime is what it takes for a ski boot to make a passing grade with me. 

Then of course, you’ll ask me what about performance? If the boot is stiff enough for my weight and offers enough resistance when I lean forward, it will work fine for me. If I were racing on water-injected, man-made snow this might be a different consideration, but I’m just a recreational skier who skis faster and use more difficult runs than the average skiing population. 

Thus, I don’t want nor need to have my feet held in a vise. If that were the case, my feet would hurt and I would have to unbuckle after each run to regain blood circulation while riding the lift. 

This would defeat my initial goal. Finally there’s the look. To me, it’s secondary to the comfort and frankly, who are the skiers admiring ski boot styling and colors in the lift line. 

Comfort is my priority, looks stand far behind; besides all ski boots look pretty much the same. So, you’ve got it, a good ski boot to me is all about comfort, period.

No comments: