Thursday, December 15, 2022

Good life is effective fear management

Before we revisit what fear is all about, it might help to understand what are its opposites. Some say it’s trust, courage, calmness and equanimity. 

Other are less clear-cut in their definition of fear, and claim that any situation must be clearly identified before an opposite can found against fear, and suggesting that the opposite of fear is actually how we deal with it, suggesting that if fear isn’t analyzed, it can make the situation worse. 

My own definition would be audacity, love and passion, which shows how that concept of fear and its opposite are so fluid. While I believe that fear is totally justified if one is fighting in Ukraine or must go through a rattlesnake pit and have no access to anti-venom medication, there are lots of situations in which fear is hard to validate and is a pure hindrance to humanity’s progress in a vast variety of fields.

When I look back upon my pretty long life, I can say that in most cases, fear has been a major roadblock that has inhibited my personnel growth and my progress. 

Sure, hindsight is always 20/20 vision, but that is a truism widely shared by a large segment of the population. Perhaps, on the other hand, fear has saved me at time, but this is not even certain. 

The conclusion that I can draw at that point, is that fear plays a capital role in life, careers, sex life, religion or in sports and that parental and public education has been both woefully lacking and unable to help humanity in an area that could make a huge difference in people’s lives...

No comments: