Thursday, December 22, 2022

Time to get back on skis!

This afternoon, I finally got back on my skis, as I went skiing with my daughter and my grandson. The snow was incredibly good, with very few people on the slopes, but the weather was freezing, so much so that our outing was cut short by my companions' lack of tolerance for arctic cold. 

The good news, however, was that my return to skiing after my shoulder injury caused by the December 15 collision went much better than expected. Right before I went skiing, my body was still pretty stiff, my shoulder still hurting, but once I hit the snow, everything magically worked. 

We started out with a few easy runs and soon found ourselves in deep, windblown snow, tough terrain, and had a blast! 

The only difficult part was removing my ski boots when we were done, but my two companions tackled the task of extracting me from them by the upper cuff of my boots stiffened by the freezing cold open. 

I now have good reasons to believe that my skiing career is not over yet!

No comments: