Wednesday, August 21, 2024

8-21 Cyber-eternity?

I’m not very active on social networks anymore, but I still maintain a presence on LinkedIn, a business and employment social media platform that works through websites and mobile apps. It was launched in 2003, and since 2016, it’s become part of Microsoft. 

I was active when I still thought I could work as a paid consultant around 2010 or sometime like that, but I’ve since decided it was a pipe dream. So, a few days ago, I undertook to take a look at that site and realized I then had 467 “followers” that I had picked up over the years.

I then proceeded to go through all of them and to my surprise, I almost remembered them all! What stopped me though were the many people that died since they began “following” me. Probably a bad – I should say lethal - idea on their part! I found 14 of them out of this world and at a click of my mouse I rocketed them into eternity. 

That made me think, why in the world did the family, heirs or other relative associated with these “disappeared” never bothered to take them out of this social media site? Something to keep in mind before we pass away and leave some precise instructions to our next of kin. 

I’m sure these same dead people are still haunting Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (now X) and to me, this probably is probably the best way to access eternal life...

No comments: