Thursday, August 8, 2024

Teaching old dogs new tricks?

For years, I have hesitated to invest myself into learning Spanish, a very useful skill where we live, as all manual workers are Latinx these days and for the most part have difficulties communicating in English. 

Part of my delay in starting that learning process was laziness, but also a fear that over 70 years of age it would be much harder. This said, I took the plunge on July 3, and since then I haven’t missed a day. The learning tool I’m using is so good that it more than makes up for what could be some decreased cognitive ability or fading memory. 

 In fact, I’ve never been so motivated to learn something new. I’m eagerly looking forward to my daily, hour long lesson and wouldn’t miss it for anything in the world. My goal is to have amassed enough rudiments of the language by the beginning of October. 

It’s amazing how technology and advanced methods can do in order to lessen the consequences of the aging process.

No comments: