Thursday, August 22, 2024

Pierrot Meugnier, 1946-2024

I met Pierrot the first season I taught skiing in Avoriaz, that was over 54 years ago. I remember that he was different, fun and had a fabulous sense of humor. I liked him a lot and he left cascading rays of sunshine in his wake. 

He was one of a kind. More than 2 years ago, I learned that Pierre was paralyzed from the waist down, the result from a cancerous vertebrae. He remembered me because I had then taken his defense when he was bullied by a ski instructor from Morzine. 

I began calling Pierrot regularly, and was always impressed by his positive attitude, his ever fun spirit, and his steely determination to progressively regain his mobility until his cancer would unfortunately return and get the best of him. I’m sad to see him go and will miss him a lot! 

My heartfelt condolences to his entire family.

No comments: