Sunday, August 4, 2024

Scorpion Trump and the voting Frog

Today’s blog is about that famous Russian tale, called “The Scorpion and the Frog”. It’s in fact an animal fable that teaches us how very vicious people can’t resist hurting others even when it is not even in their own interests. This fable sometimes attributed to Aesop, seems to have emerged in Russia in the early 20th century. I have allowed myself to recast it into America’s modern ages. Here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

Scorpion Trump wanted to cross the large Democracy River but since he couldn’t swim, he asked a Democrat frog to carry him across. The Dem frog responded “Do you know who you’re talking too? I may not look smart, but I’m poles apart from your deplorable supporters!” 

A MAGA-Republican frog swimming down river, was asked the same question by Scorpion Trump, but it declined, saying, “I’m taking my kids to their swimming lesson, and I’m already running late. But if you have no ride when I return, I’ll be honored to help you…” 

A few moments pass, and an Independent frog shows up ready to cross the river. Also asked to give Scorpion Trump a ride, it hesitated initially, afraid that the scorpion might sting it smack in the middle of the waterway, but the scorpion promises not to, pointing out that he will cancel Obamacare, cut taxes and get the country out of Ukraine if the unconvinced frog gives him a ride and that it would drown if it killed the frog in the middle of the river anyway. 

The Independent frog, always “on the fence” considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport Scorpion Trump across the body of water. Midway across the river, Trump gets the urge to sting the frog, dooming them both. 

In an ultimate breath the dying frog asks Trump: “Why did you sting, asshole, despite knowing the consequence?, to which Scorpion Trump replies: "I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's in my nature!”

No comments: