Thursday, August 15, 2024

My take on Kamala Harris

Ever since she ran for the 2020 Presidential Primaries, I never was a fan of Harris. She was one of the first competing candidates to drop out of the race. This said, nothing that she did or didn’t during her vice-presidency caught my attention positively or negatively. 

As I was rooting for Biden to get out of the 2024 presidential race, I would have like to see governors like Newsom or Whitmer take the lead, but that wasn’t to be. Biden picked her and almost made her his de facto replacement. The way this was accepted by the entire party that instantly joined ranks behind her in a surprising show of unity was quite heartwarming and satisfied me fully. 

I told myself that she’d be much better than Biden and of course vastly superior to Trump, and that just like Volodymyr Zelenskyy did for Ukraine she had the full potential to rise to the occasion. She’ll appeal to the 51% of the electorate that are the American women that were cheated of the 2016 election of Hillary Clinton by the combined deadly cocktail of the Supreme Court decision on abortion, Facebook, Vladimir Putin and Julian Assange. 

If she limits her mistakes and keeps on running a good campaign, she should not only crush Trump at the September 10 debate, but eventually win the White House.

No comments: