Saturday, August 10, 2024

The Olympics’ ode to youth

Watching the Olympics has brought me closer to my youth as each passing year has slowly, but surely pulled me apart from that wonderful era. 

I’ve watched Paris Games for no more than one hour everyday and perhaps missed a couple when I was too sick to watch, but for the most part the Paris Olympics were a celebration of youthful vitality, that redefined beauty standards by challenging traditional norms with athletes from various backgrounds and ethnicities that have showcased their unique looks. 

That youthful exuberance is both uplifting and contagious. 

The passion, determination, and fearless spirit of these participants are inspiring, demonstrating that beauty is not just about physical appearance but also about inner strength and confidence. 

Of course, there’s always the beauty of a healthy and fit body that an old guy like me envies more than ever. The athletes' dedication to physical training is evident, and their sculpted physiques are the result of ingrained discipline and hard work. 

Finally, I enjoyed the athletes' smiles, laughter, and genuine enjoyment of their sport radiating into a sense of youthful vitality. Enough to make me forget, while I’m watching, that my age is not an administrative error!

No comments: