Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nothing is impossible, right?

I just received a message from my friend Alain Lazard who congratulated my gutsy attempt at reviving the idea of an interconnect between the seven closest mountain resorts in Utah. He's of course right and I know it; as he puts it, “you're attempting to climb a tall mountain, both literally and figuratively.” This is so true and I'm keenly aware of it; we live however in a world filled with realized bets that once were said to be impossible.

Those of us who have moved far enough into life know that if there's a will, there's a way and it's always some combination of belief, hard work and persistence that make these types of dreams come true. When I first came to America, I was spellbound when I read a book by Napoleon Hill named “Think and grow rich.” In that pop-culture, self-help piece of literature was a little phrase that stood out and encapsulated a philosophy that I've found to be so true: “What the human mind can conceive, it can achieve...” It never fails to work, even in the case of the most venal pursuits. The result – good or bad - always comes to fruition if we're willing to pay the price...

No comments: