Friday, May 1, 2009

Chrysler and Fiat

It's terrible what can happen when a patient is on its deathbed. Everything should be tried. When it was already ailing, the Mercedes medicine was applied on Chrysler with terrible results and today some folks have no problem applying a dose of Fiat on the ailing automaker. While I thought that such a rescue by Honda, or even Nissan would have been a hopeful remedy for Chrysler, I can't bring myself to believing that the Puntos and small 500s will revive our third car company.

As I was observing Belvidere assembly plant workers in their eclectic attire of jeans, t-shirts and shorts, I was rolling my eyes. It's now a matter of mixing American culture, Italian approach to auto making and miracles. I don't believe this cocktail can be any good...

No comments: