Thursday, May 7, 2009

Patience, anticipation and cultivation

I'm at the moment embarked on a project that is a bit like watching grass grow or paint dry. I prefer the analogy to vegetation than to the mostly artificial nature of colors. Good things seldom happen overnight; they need time to mature, get better and spring into vivid focus. The draft document that you left last night on your desk always offers an opportunity for changes and improvements the next morning. Time has an incredible healing and maturing power.

We all know that, but the problem we generally run into is that we tend to always start a bit too late with our plans for cultivation. The more my precious time goes, the more I realize the incredible power and influence it has on things that are so important to me. Starting “yesterday” allows us an incredible margin of safety, quality, and luxury. Have you started yet on “after-tomorrow?”

No comments: