Friday, May 15, 2009

Sick, tired or lazy?

Yesterday, Evelyne got food poisoning thanks to some undercooked hamburgers that I fixed on the barbecue; I simply missed the brunt of the attack through sheer luck. I didn't do anything the whole day though, simply because I didn't feel like it. I felt tired and because I always feel guilty when I don't produce anything, I've been wondering if I had also become suddenly lazy.

You see, laziness has always been a label that my parents affixed on me when I was a kid and it has stuck. Being lazy, in that context was really bad and every time I can sense a symptom of slowing down in my activities, I see the dreaded “virus of laziness” rearing its ugly head. Thanks God, I wasn't quite overcome by that terrible ailment. It was just a mild E coli attack!

No comments: