Saturday, June 5, 2010

An awful lot of skiing in one season!

A couple of days ago, I learned that a 67 year old skier (today is actually his birthday) has logged an impressive 6,008,159 vertical feet while skiing 122 days in Snowbird, Utah, from November 20, 2009 to May 28, 2010. That's an average of 49,247 vertical feet a day! To most serious skiers, this might seem hard to believe, even for me who thought I was a big shot in breaking the 2 million mark the first time this season, only one-third of what this man accomplished.
Of course, with an excellent physical condition, a deep passion and a total dedication to the sport, that performance is totally possible, but what's truly amazing is that its author is well into his mid sixties. As I'm currently nursing my lumbago, I'm looking forward to interviewing this amazing individual with legs of steel, and re-setting my personal goals. I find this to be incredibly stimulating!

No comments: