Thursday, March 10, 2011

Field Trip to Daly Chute #2

Another day, another Chute!
In fact, that time, I wanted to check the Cataract side at Daly and particularly Chute #7, but its access was closed for avalanche control; instead, I set my sight on Chute #2 that grabbed my attention with its impressive, overgrown cornice. As usual, we had our little chit-chat:

Chute #2: I saw you flying by, probably intent on skiing the “X-Files...”
Go11: Not really; I wanted to descent Chute #7, but it's closed!
Chute #2: Have you seen that big, new cornice of mine?
Go11: I'm impressed, can I jump it; what do you think?
Chute #2: If I were you, I'd practice a bit, before making a fool of myself...
Go11: Nay; I think I can do it, I'll launch, we'll see!
Chute #2: Good luck, big shot!

The video is here to tell the rest of the story...

No comments: