Monday, July 4, 2011

Grand finale to an endless ski season

Today was the end of the world as avid skiers and snowboarders know it. The last day at Snowbird I didn't want to miss that event for anything on earth. There were two essential elements to my insistence: First and foremost, watching the crowds in all kind of attire, or lack thereof. Then there was the bottom access when the ski would be over, as there was no way on earth that I would download with the tram.

I got plenty of good people footage who came in multitudes, leaving a real scarcity of parking spaces and the snow was not bad at all in spite of temperatures hovering between 50 and 60 at the top. But the best was in that last day of the season was the return to the base of the resort when I had decided that I had enough of standing on long lines at Mineral Basin, and felt that I now had better things to do like picking up my daughter in Salt Lake. The descent to my car was terrific, the snow the best of the day and the bush-whacking minimal. God, what a season!

No comments: