Friday, September 16, 2011

Is Subaru a “cult car?”

It's been quite a few years since we haven't had one or two Subaru inside our garage and while we enjoy the cars we drive, I'm missing my Subaru. I'm missing it in a way that is hard to describe and that almost invokes an irrational attachment to a product or a brand; I can't explain how that is and why I somehow manage to find in it a reflection of my personality.

Just like the Citroën 2cv I used to drive when I was young, Subarus are filled with odities and quirks that I like, yet defy conventional wisdom and provide me with an avenue to be different from the rest. It's funny how irrational it is that we can become “fan” of a product that's a bit marginal like a Subi can be. So don't even attempt to convince me otherwise; my next car is quite likely to be again a Subaru!

No comments: