Sunday, August 18, 2019

Bidding my long boards farewell

I’ll be turning 72 this coming winter and would like to maximize my chances of long-lasting fun and survival.

To that end, I am going to quit skiing on my “long boards”, meaning any ski that’s over 180 cm in length.

So, on Friday, I dismounted my 188 cm Rossignols and my 184 cm Scotts. In addition to being too long for my age, these two pairs were also excessively wide – I thought – and heavy.

This will leave me with just two pairs of feather-light Dynastars, both 180 cm long, including one as official “rock-skis”. Just two pairs inside my quiver should do it.

At least this is the plan until I turn 75. At which point, I might consider 175 cm. If they don’t quite match, at the very least, these two numbers rhyme perfectly…

No comments: