Friday, August 30, 2019

None of her damn business!

We recently changed pavers on our driveway.
The job took two and a half day and since our house borders a very quiet street, very few passers-by saw the work being done, except for one lady we had never seen or met before, who last night, while we were finishing our evening stroll, stopped her car near us, rolled her window down and asked me:

“Why did you change your pavers?”

I responded: “I went to Lourdes, prayed to the Virgin Mary, and -kaboom! - my pavers got changed!”

She seemed confused as she probably didn’t know where and what Lourdes was. She persisted: “Did you paid for the work?”

I said “No, it was pure miracle!”

She stubbornly pursued: “Were your pavers damaged?”

I finally concluded: “Not that I know of, as for the new ones, for the past three days, they’ve been holding up remarkably well...”

She drove off, her sick curiosity probably less than satisfied...

No comments: