Thursday, August 8, 2019

The moon, 1969 and me

A few weeks ago, the American and the world’s focus were on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

Did that epochal event marked me when it happened? I scratch my head and think not, because I was busy working the summer season at our family business in Les Lindarets, higher-up in the French

In the mountains, we barely had a transistor radio and absolutely no television. I heard about the event later on, read the newspaper article and saw pictures and videos over the ensuing years but never was marked by that human incursion on earth’s satellite.

Call this “too busy to pay attention...” So next time you speak with me, don’t even think of asking me: “What were you doing when Armstrong walked upon the lunar surface?”

I’ll probably answer: “What are you talking about?”

No comments: