Sunday, August 4, 2019

Dare to ask…

Justt 50 years ago, I was working, helping my brother at his souvenirs shop, up in the French mountains, and there was that man, who was the director of the Avoriaz ski-school, having lunch at my sister restaurant located next to my brother’s shop.

I told my brother, I should perhaps ask him if there was an opening for the upcoming season at his ski school. He strongly encouraged me to go for it. I mustered all my courage and went to ask Edmond Denis, the man in question, if there would be a possibility for me of working at his ski-school.

I believe I said I spoke really good English and since I had no certification to teach, he told me that I should get a basic pre-season training and certification, but that my acceptance into the school would be predicated upon my introducing myself in person in front of the whole instructor team and plead my case in order to get voted in.

I thought this was super cool and I was stocked, even if I didn’t know what was in store for me; it was progress... Always dare to ask!

No comments: