Saturday, May 2, 2020

Days of plenty

Even though I’m retired and, to a degree, locked down, all my days are an avalanche of terrific moments to which I’m looking forward to.

Nothing is repulsive, uninteresting or just dull. Every little piece of the day brings a chuck-full of good things.

Consider this:

From my early morning meditation to listening to the news on NPR radio, appreciating a different breakfast everyday, a tonic 4 mile walk, some work and browsing on my computer. This is followed by a nice lunch, an afternoon project, seasonal and different.

Then it's time for another 2,5 mile walk, the five o’clock drink, a good dinner, some TV and some good reading before turning in, all in the wonderful company of my wife.

My only sin is that I don’t even take the time to reflect and congratulate myself on a wonderful day, that I’m already anticipating the next one before I close my eyes.

What a life!

No comments: