Friday, May 8, 2020

Still discovering my computer!

In early 2016, tired of laptops and all-in-one computers that broke down and couldn’t be repaired, I went back to purchasing a conventional PC, with one big box and a separate screen.

Made by Dell, the machine has served me well for over 4 years (a record!) and Windows 10 that runs on it has performed almost flawlessly. My only problem was with the monitor sound system.

The sound was very low both off its speakers, and through my headset when it was plugged into it (as it should). It only worked fine when I plugged it directly into the box, but this wasn’t really practical as the cord wasn’t long enough.
A few days ago, quite accidentally, I discovered that they were almost invisible touch control-buttons along side the lower right edge of the screen to adjust the sound and the image being displayed.

In more than four years I only had be able to identify the much larger, albeit hardly visible “on-off” switch, situated to the lower right of the screen.

This goes to say that we learn everyday and that with electronics delivered without instructions these days, it’s increasingly hard not to miss some vital functions that would make life that much easier. But I guess, still better later than never!

No comments: