Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Winners vs. Losers…

That “Winner vs. Loser” subject has been exacerbated by Trump and was very much in vogue in the mid-seventies when I immigrated to the United States.

It made quite an impression on me and became a key element of my business education and understanding of Corporate America.

During this pandemic, I received this business-minded message that extolled the virtues of being a “Winner” as opposed to a “Loser”.

Today, while I still agree that this particular approach served me well when I followed it the best I could, I don't see it now as neatly as I used to, and see it as a bit contrived, lacking empathy and being a bit exploitative.

In other terms, you must be a winner to be worth anything, and being any bit less than that, pigeon-holes you into a totally undesirable human category. How do you feel about it?

No comments: