Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Resurrecting the TV remote control

I’m trying to lower the sound on my smart TV and I suddenly realize that the remote control isn’t working. I go and change the two AA batteries, but nothing happens.

My wife suggest that the new batteries could be bad too. I switch them with the one contained in a similar remote control from the master bedroom; still nothing.

Then, after replacing the batteries, I check if that other remote one works on the living room TV, and yes, it does turn it off.

So the problem isn't with the batteries, but with the remote that no longer works. I conclude that I'll have to buy a new one. Fifty bucks? Maybe. I google “Problem with Samsung smart TV remote”, and I see a listing for replacement remotes in the $20 range only.
Then I notice a hyperlink saying “How can I solve remote operation problem?” I click on it out of curiosity, follow the instructions with a great deal of skepticism, and bingo! the unbelievable happens, my remote resurrects and life goes on...

No comments: