Saturday, May 30, 2020

The bike quandary

Because I’m advancing in age and perhaps also because I have bit the ground and bitten the dust too many times while riding, I’m not as enthused as I used to straddle my bicycle when winter is over.

Yet, against all odds, that just what I did on Wednesday. I only a rode a short 3 miles, but I was happy to have broken the spell and reconciled myself with my two-wheeler.

Another reason beyond age and painful falls is the fact that bike riding is fraught with technical situations like tire problems, drive train issues and a myriad of pesky little details that contribute to making the experience filled with potentially annoying incidents.
The same doesn’t apply to skiing, as much as that sport is also burdened with equipment and adjustments of all kinds, but once one gets on the slopes, the likelihood of problem is minimal compared to what happens with biking.

This is probably why nothing beats walking or hiking when it comes to recreation and piece of mind. This say, I’ll be good sport and I remain open as well as willing to start this new riding season!

No comments: