Thursday, July 16, 2020

Let’s start with a prototype!

Ten days ago, I was outlining a project starting from scratch. I thought I had thought about everything, and in addition, I designed a series of objects that would fit my needs entirely, work “perfectly” and I couldn’t see anything in the way of my “neat” design.

Then, as I started prototyping, I began to discover a great many areas that I had not initially envisioned during the planning phase, and that situation repeated itself over and over, to the extent that I had to totally scrap my original concoction and start all over with some real prototypes.

This of course validated – once more – the popular saying: “The Best is the Enemy of Good”. Now, I have completely revised my prototype and my final product and it should work perfectly.

Granted it won’t be the BEST possible design on earth, but it should be GOOD enough for me!

No comments: