Thursday, July 30, 2020

My answer to a nagging problem

Early July, I had decided to solve a “nagging problem” from the ground up (literally!) and explaining that I would focus on finding some creative, feasible and affordable solution for it.

I got to work and spend enough time thinking about it and finally, today, I’ve got a good solution to resolving it. You see, the robins, magpies and the local deer had decided to feast on our strawberries without asking for our permission.

Beside chasing these critters by all means possible, they would outsmart us by choosing times when we weren’t home or not out to see them, to continue their thievery.

My solution ended up with the creation and construction of “strawberry cages”, made of PVC chassis and wrapped around by a commercial-grade bird net, in four easy-to-move separate elements, covering most of our strawberry patch.

On Tuesday, I proudly completed the project and will be carefully watching if its presence finally bears some fruits. Pun intended!

No comments: