Saturday, March 4, 2023

Precious times, half a century ago!

This picture was taken at the “Pas du Lac” restaurant in March 1973 with some of my best buddies. Just fifty years ago, this was the place where we’d get a boosting morning espresso before our class lessons would start. 

An alternative place would have been the “Café de la Gare”, but we weren’t too eager to give our hard-earned Franc to that establishment! 

We would shoot the breeze, catch up with the latest news, and share our plans for the futures that didn’t go much further than the end of the week. At that moment, I wasn’t sure I’d return to Australia the following summer as I was consumed by the major crisis that was splitting our ski school in two.

From left to right: Jean-Claude, Denys, Blandine, me and Francois. Well we were young, still carefree and life felt good.

No comments: