Sunday, March 26, 2023

Tackling uncertainty (Part 3)

Now that we’ve discussed what uncertainty is all about, let’s see how we can mitigate it… Personally, I use the following tools and feel they work well for me. You can try them and if they fail to produce results, do some more research and you will certainly find extra solutions that are more effective for your particular case. 

1. I spend a disproportionate amount of my time and energy on things I can control and do it so much that I have less time to worry about the meteorite that could fall on my head. 

2. I make room for dream and adventure and get used to the fact that there are twists and turns in my life that have been created to break the routine and distract me, so I observe and follow them and this to distract me a great deal from my need for certainty. 

3. I consciously train myself to accept that nothing is certain in life. I don’t recoil from imagining worst-case scenarios, get some specific emotions out of the them and, on the whole, nothing ever come up as badly as I envisioned it, so I feel that I’m coming out okay. 

4. Finally, over the years I have learned how to compartmentalize issues and separate the ones that generate anxiety from the rest and focus more on the latter. Most important though, I find an immense source of relaxation and mental energy through a strict practice of meditation. 

Now, if you want, try one, two or all of these formulas and let me know if they work for you!

No comments: