Wednesday, March 29, 2023

What inspired me…

Last night, I watched PBS’s American Experience that featured the 1969 showdown between President Nixon and Kissinger against the antiwar movement. 

Told through firsthand accounts, the film revealed how movement leaders mobilized disparate groups to create two massive protests that changed history. This ardent youth activism is in fact what attracted me to the US and inspired me to come and make it my new home. 

More so than its level of comfort of achievement, but the activism and fearlessness of its youth whether it was employed to fight for Civil Rights or against the Vietnam war. 

I wasn’t at all leftist in those day, probably more apolitical than I ever were, but I found a powerful source of inspiration that has all since, but totally disappeared in American Society, being perverted, among other by my own baby boomer generation. 

Where it did it go? That’s what I’m missing today about America... 

No comments: