Thursday, February 18, 2021

Dialing-up my grandson’s skiing…

Last week, while I was skiing with my grandson, I wanted him to get acquainted with my favorite descent into the trees known under the name of “Condor Woods”, in the Canyons area of Park City. 

This area is one of these that I call “schizophrenic”. It’s smack into the woods, on steep terrain, and everything there is meant to get your full attention, all the time, but the frosting on the cake, so to speak, is that it ends with a long creek-bed that creates a natural half-pipe, meandering like a bowel, building up speed, with no side escape whatsoever until the end. 

This latter section, is particularly tricky and filled with blind curves that could hide snowboarders sitting there and taking a break or some fallen skier in dire straight. 

During the couple of days we skied together we skied it seven time in its three marked itineraries. My grandson handled it beautifully and enjoyed it even more!

No comments: