Saturday, February 27, 2021

Ski trail reconnaissance

If you take your family, friends or clients skiing if you are an instructor or a guide, you owe it to him and yourself, to precisely know where you are taking them. 

This simple precaution will prevent a lot of headaches, bad feeling and many accidents. Don’t just follow any track! 

That’s become a rule whenever I decide to take a family member who skis with me in places that are unknown to them and far from routine to them and myself. 

I only wish I had made a habit of it long before now. I check the area first, figure out suitable lines or itinerary where I’ll be able to guide them with minimum apprehension on their part and well within their technical abilities.

This is not only meant to help folks you’re in charge of, but also yourself, as there always are some valuable teaching moments in observing and thinking through a place that might be complex or unfamiliar...

No comments: