Wednesday, February 3, 2021

My new take on ski instructing

When I was a ski instructor I was overly technical and often didn’t heed enough the social and “warm-and-fuzzy” aspirations of my clients enough. 

Before anything, skiing was mechanical and technical, and even though I was passionate about the sport, I mostly saw the need for technical betterment with my clients. This, just to say that I could have – in retrospect – done much better with my ski-instructor career. 

Today, my client list has changed a lot. For one thing, it has shrunk tremendously, it’s now just my immediate family. I also share my knowledge and accompaniment for free with these individuals. And yet, I’ve also become a much better service provider for them. 

I solely focus on their enjoyment. Not much technique, if at all. Just the most appropriate choice of terrain and paths and the best possible skiing. That’s it! Don’t we all change, given enough time?

No comments: