Thursday, February 25, 2021

The challenge of skiing one’s age…

I just skied my age for this season; 73 days out and I’m just 73! I had a great time, the snow was perfect and I did some of my favorite runs for the first time this season.

While this was easy enough, it required my skiing almost everyday when conditions were decent, so as I’m moving in age, I’m beginning to get concerned. There’s a point in a non-so distant future when this silly practice will become a big challenge. 

Can you imagine a 100 year old having to ski 100 times in a season? Better remain in tip-top shape? This is also while I don’t think it’s such a good idea to extend life beyond what’s considered “normal” these days. 

I would not want to have to live to be 150 years old and have to ski as many days, especially as the planet is warming fast and snow is bound to disappear even faster!

No comments: