Sunday, February 28, 2021

Where was my mentor when I needed one?

Like many folks, I guess, I would have love to have a series of mentors throughout my life, showing me the ins and outs of navigating my path without wasting opportunities. 

This wasn’t totally the case, if I except Monsieur Losserand, my grade school teacher who discovered at least one talent in me and helped me nurture it. 

I also think that I was in very good company, with a great number of buddies who were sharing that same predicament. So without crying over spilled milk, what does this tell me and the rest of us?

Quite simply that we ought to look for opportunities to mentor young people whenever we can. Sure, that’s a lot easier said than done, but it’s definitely something to keep in the front of our minds, while we last...

No comments: