Saturday, November 14, 2009

The art of perfecting

Life presents us with a multitude of choices and experience. Depending on how we navigate our own existence, we respond to events or situations with our own style and our own habits. Some folks choose indifference; they don't seem to get annoyed by any of the ripples that surround them. Some go crazy but don't necessarily take action as they internalize the negative elements, some respond unpredictably and take unreasonable actions and finally – a small minority, I assume – always draw a useful lesson and take positive steps.

I happen to think the latter approach it's a good one, and would like to add it to my personal habits. In summary, when something happen, I will endeavor to ask myself: How can I best respond to that? What can I learn from this event? How can I incorporate this experience into my life from now on? I'm sure you get the idea. Like many habits in life, this type of response almost require no effort but can pave the way to a much better life for us and for the people we come in contact with. I plan to do my very best to stick to that type of response...

No comments: