Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Setting the “daily mood”


I generally feel upbeat when I get up in the morning; first I'm definitely one of those “morning persons” who can do more things and do them better in the early hours of the day. Still my days can vary a great deal depending on what type of information first percolates inside my brain. Obviously, I need to be able to extract myself out of bed, realize that I'm still alive and that my limbs remember how to carry me around. If there is no physical problems with me and the rest of my family, I already feel exalted. Then if the weather suits me (sunshine most of the year, rain when we badly need it, deep snow fall overnight) it's another good omen.

If I have specific plans for the day and activities that I look forward to, it gives me a valid incentive to get even more excited, if the stock market indicators appear to be going in a direction that suits me, here's another plus, if everything around the house seems to be working fine, from the refrigerator to the hot water and all the way to the internet service, I do appreciate it too. That's where a simplified life style has a huge impact on my happiness, because with less toys available, there is less chance of having one of them break down and spoil the day. It's funny, but all the news whether local, national or international don't affect me that much; it's true that they generally are so negative that I have made a habit to ignore them systematically. Oh yes, my early morning coffee remains the critical detonator that ignites this wonderful synergy!

No comments: