Thursday, November 19, 2009

When is a good time to start a business?

Early this month, I wrote about a subject that is so close to my heart that, probably “blinded by the light,” I missed the whole point about it. Serendipity came to my rescue and presented me with a magazine article in Fast Company that hit the nail on its head by answering simply and appropriately to my life long question about the proper timing of starting a company: “When you have a good idea;” what a concept! Just meaning that timing doesn't really matter as long as you have a gem of an idea.

All my life, I've been a frustrated entrepreneur with only two or three good ideas that I've let pass and rot away simply because I had a plush job at the time and didn't want to bother giving up the comforts that position afforded me. Today, and since I have technically been “retired” I have been looking for this magical idea, like a single individual looking for a romantic soul mate that keeps on eluding him or her. Today I finally know; I first need the idea, the rest will be a piece of cake. Feels to me like I may brainstorm like crazy to find that pristine concept after all...

No comments: