Monday, November 2, 2009

Will the snow-gods be offended?

The latest installment in my home-improvement program is something I've been considering for a long time. It's a gauge, actually a measuring stick that will allow me every morning, after a new snowfall, to measure the precipitation and see the accumulated depth in real time instead of having to guess or exaggerate. This is a rather elaborate measuring tool that combine both low and high technology. Low tech, because I recycled a broken tape measure for the reading portion and high tech, because I used a television antenna stem for the stick. Now, the problematic part; the device can measure up to 6 foot of snow, which is unheard of in my backyard. I'm a bit concerned that I might get jinxed because of my inflated expectations and cause a freeze on snowfalls for the entire season. We'll see, but my intentions are good so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

No comments: