Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mourning the loss of a “Facebook friend..."

As of this morning, I count 153 Facebook friends, but have just found out that an early one of them is now missing. A bit to my surprise, he had joined my exclusive group and had stayed there for a few months before defecting to cyber-nowhere. I'll miss him, because I knew that guy for 35 years, he had over the years been my both my boss and my business associate, we had traveled in Europe and Asia together and at times were quite close.

He was larger than life, both literally and figuratively and I was happy to have him as a FB friend because he helped me cross that all important threshold of 100 friends and could have contributed to my reaching the 200 mark, but it looks that I 'll be short of one buddy for attaining that critical level and his absence will somehow delay the process. Being “dumped” is definitely not a good feeling; what went wrong? Did he not mean it and press the wrong button? Didn't he like one of my posts or finally had he got second thoughts about that electronic relationship?

I really have no idea and assume that famous experts like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates don't know either. While inconsolable, I'll have to make do with his absence and will conduct a daily roll-call so a defection like this never happens again!

No comments: