Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Nine months meditating...

On January 20th, I started adding meditation to my daily routine. As of today, I’ve done it without missing a day and feel great about it. Here are a few observations I can make at this moment. 

Although repeated, the experience is never, ever the same. Each session is distinctly different in how it feels and what it brings. In a nutshell, I find it relaxing, opening me to my deeper self, peaceful, tranquil and devoid of any intense feelings. 

I have found that I can do it regardless of surrounding noises and other distractions. From a tangible benefit standpoint, it has had a huge impact on my memory. While I was always struggling to remember things, names and other topics, I find it a lot easier to mentally retrieve what I need. 

I also find the practice a real pleasure waiting for me, each early morning. At times, it can also be difficult and while I can see where progress can be obtained through meditation, I realize that it take a lot of time to get there, if at all. 

Enough arguments though to keep me enthusiastically going!

No comments: