Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Time for a new passport!

Passports expires every 10 years and each expiration time is another reminder that my life won’t have enough room for another five such travel documents, so it’s another stark reminder that time, as well as my potential for new passports, are now running out. 

With renewal, comes the need for an updated picture. So here I am, setting up the tripod, the good camera, studying its delayed shutter feature, reviewing what the rules are for these particular shots and firing up a few photos. 

When I download them into the computer, I don’t like what I see, finding myself shockingly too old and ugly. I start again, tweaking the lighting, adding a bit of photo-shop and still the results are as dismal as the first time around. 

I’m now getting used to my new facial reality. I should know better though, I observe myself daily as I brush my teeth, wash my face and shave. 

Now, I’m beginning to feel better. I'm a bit more comfortable as an early septuagenarian and I should consider myself extremely lucky to be applying for yet another passport!

No comments: