Saturday, January 8, 2022

Another event-filled ski day

Yesterday first looked overcast, gray, rather warm and uninviting, but I had heard that Jupiter had just opened for the season, so I decided to drive to the Park City parking lot in order to check it out. 

When I got there, there wasn’t one spot free to park my car, so I turned around and drove to Canyons instead. 

There, after finding a parking spot on an ice sheet, instead of catching the gondola to cross back over to Park City, I stuck around at 9990 where the snow wasn’t bad, just a tad chunky and difficult to ski, which I didn’t dislike. 

I even offered myself the “spill of the year” as I was cut off by a skier in front of me and had no other choice than fall back, which generated a spectacular cartwheel in which I lost both skis, got plenty of snow in the face and inside my goggles, but didn’t get hurt, lose anything else, including my composure. 

Furthermore, I’m convinced that this one-of-a-kind tumble has perked me up through the end of 2022! 

To conclude the day, I then went down “DesChutes”, “Silver Horse” and called it an afternoon, clocking another 20,000 feet vertical! 

As often, when we get out and ski, a grim day can turn into a super-charged fun and event-filled experience!

No comments: