Friday, January 28, 2022

What’s wrong with my nightmares?

Like many people around my age, I dislike the deteriorating quality of my sleep and miss the long, uninterrupted nights of rest that I always found too short when I was younger. 

For almost a decade now, my bed time is not as sound as it used to be and is generally affected by a series of dreams that wake me up fully or partially. In the past I hardly ever noticed or remembered any dream. 

What bothers me is that the vast majority of my dreams are nightmares and are totally unlike my life, my current concerns, or situations I currently encounter, which all are for the overwhelming part are totally positive.

Why is that? Perhaps Mother Nature wants me to remember that life isn’t that great after all for most people, all the time. I thought listening to the (bad) news that I hear all day long would suffice for that necessary dose of dark reality, but that is seemingly not the case. 

Well, I guess that my good dreams (I suspect I still have some) get filtered out and are so mild, weak or soft that they won’t wake me up. If that’s not the case, I might have to seek some professional help to try to understand what these bad dream come from and what they mean. 

By the way, how is your daily dream’s menu? Are they as harassing as mine?

No comments: