Monday, January 17, 2022

The responsible ski guide

When I ski with my grandson and take him to places that are a bit hairy, I feel very responsible and, understandably apprehensive. 

That happened on Sunday, when we hiked to the top of Jupiter Peak. When we got there after the thirty minute walk, we found a small crowd of skiers and snowboarders resting, 

I should rather say, hesitating to take the plunge, into the well covered, but quite sleek Machete couloir. 

There is no huge danger if one falls, but it could be a long, tumbling slide and I didn’t want that kind of experience on my grandson! 

At first, I wanted to shoot a video of my grandson descent, but I quickly relented and accompanied him instead. 

All went well, and he impeccably made it down the chute. Next time, we shoot a clip!

No comments: