Thursday, January 6, 2022

Makes me think about coconut trees…

True story. 

As we returned from our morning walk, as I was removing my shoes, the door bell rang, I opened and someone looking like a Pacific Islander asked me if I needed any work on my trees. 

Since I wasn’t ready or in the mood to consider this kind of work in the middle of winter with snow piled all around my house, I declined but invited him to leave his card with me “just in case…” 

His card, titled “Hawaii Tree Service” made the whole situation even surreal, so I smiled and I welcome the tropical reminder and told Ben “I’d let him know when I’m ready”. 

In truth, the last time I looked, I couldn’t see any banana, banyan, coconut or jacaranda trees on my property, just far too many aspen and pine trees!

No comments: