Saturday, January 1, 2022

The meaning of a new year

I’m one of these lucky people who can celebrate their birthday pretty close to the new year and both blend perfectly well! 

Some pity me for having two important events so close that they fear they’ll take away from each other, when in fact they create the opposite, synergistic effect. 

A new year is indeed a blank page or a slab of granite that’s waiting to receive personal marks on it, and it’s with the excitement the opportunity deserves that I look at it. 

Then, I feel privileged to have arrived at that advanced age and still be alive and healthy enough to appreciate it. Not everyone is given that chance! 

When I look back, I have traveled an impressive number of years that used to be considered very old not so long ago. Then, it gets really exciting when I can dream of what I’ll achieve during that new year. 

There’s my new year resolution, of course, and then plenty of positive and productive things I want to add to it, as well as keeping all the good and productive elements I have been able to build into my life along the way.

I will also endeavor to make peace with people I’m not a fan of, or have a dislike for, and remain positive and in control of my emotions as much as I can manage it. 

Finally, I’ll continue to appreciate the incredible privilege I was given to participate in life on this planet and each time there is difficulty, pain or sorrow in my life I will enthusiastically turn it into a challenge I can sink my teeth into. 

I wish you exactly the same in this happy and exciting new year!

No comments: